New visions and creative concepts in the area of organic and printed electronics are what the OE-A (Organic and Printed Electronics Association), a working group within VDMA, aims to promote in its annual OE-A Competition. Once again this year, there were numerous submissions coming from all corners of the world. The five best submissions were awarded at LOPEC 2018 – the international trade fair and conference for printed electronics – in Munich, Germany.
Innovative concepts illustrating the various possibilities for application of organic and printed electronics are recognized with the competition awards. It is intended to open up new perspectives to end-user industries as well.
17 projects were submitted from 9 countries.
The OE-A Competition consists out of the following five categories:
- Prototypes & New Products
- Freestyle Demonstrator
- Publicly Funded Projects
- Printed Electronics Vision
- Public Choice Award
The jury, fromed by OE-A members, consists out of the following printed electronics experts:
- Dr. Martin Krebs, Varta
- Prof. Dr. Ulrich Moosheimer, Hochschule München
- Dr. Sébastien Cochet, Evonik
- Sebastian Gepp, Schreiner Group
- Sandy Gunn, CPI
- Dr. Jukka Hast, VTT
- Heike Pfistner, BASF New Business
- Wolfgang Schmidt, Felix Schoeller
- Corinne Versini, Genes'Ink
The jury has rated each project in a secret vote in five categories. Members of the jury were able to give one up to five points in each category.
- Realization of demonstrator
- Degree of innovation
- Attractiveness of product
- Added value by printed electronics
- Attractiveness of target market
Public Choice Award
All visitors of LOPEC were able to vote for their favorite demonstrator. All projects were on display at the OE-A booth.